Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Microsoft Visual Studio is busy waiting for an internal operation to complete

Hi,

With higher versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, this error is much familiar than ever. There could be many reasons behind this. Few common fixes are below:


  1. Remove website cache from following location:
    1. C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache
  2. Restart IIS:
    1. Start -> RUN -> iisreset 
  3. Go to Tools -> Options and browse all the options and disable all unnecessary options.
  4. Clear cache.
  5. Remove temp files.
  6. Ensure there is enough space in C (System) drive.
However I will include one more scenario here. In a special case, I was facing this issue with one of my solutions only(not with all .net solutions). And after so much Google, when I find nothing about it, I opened Task Manager and started digging further. After killing my Devenv.exe more than 10 times, I decided to debug all my projects individually. And I opened BigSolution.sln file in notepad and started removing projects one by one(following kind of lines):

Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "ProjectX", "ProjectX\ProjectX.csproj", "{4C3D1267-EAF4-46E9-92E2-49469713509B}"
EndProject

And then I realized that the issue was with one of my recently added project and I removed that project and this fixed my issue.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment